Fun Kids Activities for the Whole Family
Christmas is just around the corner, and you will have your bundle(s) of joy to entertain and keep busy for roughly a month. Thankfully, here in sunny South Africa, we have beautiful hot weather over Christmas so there are plenty for the kids to do inside and out.
Here are just a few fun kids activities to do to keep them happy and busy that won’t break the bank and will keep their creative juices flowing.
At Home Activities:
- Help mom and dad with planting new flowers or herbs. (Once a week the plants can receive a little TLC as well. The kids will enjoy watching their garden plants grow.)
- Make a fairy garden or army base. Click here for some fairy garden ideas. These can be adapted for army bases for boys.
- Create a mini race track for your toy cars. Click here for some fun ideas. This can be fun indoors or outdoors. (For a messy outdoor option swap the cars for boats and bring out the hose.)
- Paint and make macaroni jewellery for you and your friends.
- Make your own play dough or silly putty. You’ll find plenty of great recipes here.
- Set up an outside putt-putt course.
- (For girls) Have a spa day at home with mom.
- Bake and ice cookies for a picnic.
- Have a treasure hunt (don’t forget the map). Having a map can keep the kids busy for ages while they work out simple riddles and count paces to their destination(s).
- Buy or make stamps to make your own Christmas wrapping paper. Get inspiration here. Friends and family will love and appreciate the personal touch on their gifts.
Out And About:
- Visit a museum.
- Spend the afternoon at the beach or public pool.
- Go to the zoo.
- Take a train ride. Many places do still have old train rides which include a lunch or picnic. This is an activity that the whole family does together and the kids will never forget.
- Visit a petting farm.
- Go on a hike and finish off with a picnic.
For image credits and original images visit Pinterest